Ashley, pictured above during her time within the military, hopes to have hers of her personal food truck and ultimately a restaurant. “The proof helps a guilty verdict,” stated the unique prosecutor, Sadhana Dailey, in a recent interview. Dr. Susan Palasis in contrast McKenzy’s injuries to typical car accidents. She additionally disputed the defense’s claims that CT scans showed developmental abnormalities. Ashley and Albert testified that they have been anxious new mother and father.

The trauma that occurred earlier than birth or during supply “would not have allowed this youngster to look fully regular for two or more days,” Zanga testified. They have been arrested after they introduced their three day old baby to the hospital when she started displaying uncommon symptoms. She died a few hours after she was brought to the hospital. They had simply brought their newborn home 2 days after she was born.

While Muscogee Superior Court Judge Arthur Smith III refused to grant one, the Georgia Supreme Court eventually heard the case final year. According to the couple, they plan to stay around the Fountain City for now, and be a voice for these wrongfully convicted. The original prosecutor, Sadhana Dailey, mentioned Zanga and Palasis confirmed Darrisaw’s testament that McKenzy suffered an inflicted cranium fracture. This material will not be revealed, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. WRBL News 3 broke the story of the decision to drop the charges.

Their new protection attorneys say specialists would have the power to show that the infant was born with a brain deformation. COLUMBUS, Ga. — The Georgia Supreme Court has granted a model new trial to a few serving life in prison for homicide in the demise of their new child daughter. The justices unanimously agreed that they obtained ineffective authorized counsel.

Instead of a few hours, she now positioned the window for the accidents to between eight and 12 hours before dying. The parents took the infant back to the hospital days after the delivery after they found a lump on her head. She later died, and an post-mortem craigslist furniture for sale by owner near me by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation decided that the trigger was blunt drive trauma. The couple’s attorneys argued that baby McKenzy’s accidents occurred naturally and her dad and mom are victims of a 12-year rush to judgment.

Late in May of 2008, just a day after Ashley and Albert Debelbot brought their seemingly healthy child girl, McKenzy, residence, a bump was discovered on her brow. The Debelbots brought her to Martin Army Hospital in Fort Benning. The Debelbots’ trial attorneys did not object to that despite the very fact that it was inaccurate. The case was overturned not due to new evidence however because of statements the prosecutor made at trial. That changed in February 2020 when the state’s highest court docket decided the couple had ineffective legal counsel at their initial trial and unanimously agreed to reverse their convictions. “I am not saying they’re harmless, but there’s reasonable doubt,” Jones told News 3 when he mentioned he would not take the case to trial.

But the Georgia Supreme Court overturned it in February 2020, ruling that the Debelbots had been entitled to a new trial. Dr. Joseph Zanga stated the top examination was carried out properly and revealed nothing abnormal. Ashley was already pregnant and planning to leave the army to be a full-time mother when they moved to Columbus, Georgia, in March 2008 for Albert’s place at Fort Benning. Albert Debelbot from Palau, enlisted in the navy in 2004 at 19 years of age and served with distinction in Irag in the course of the warfare.